May 8th - 14th Beaver, Beavers and More Beavers

There are three beaver lodges at Asylum Lake. It's the time of year when the beavers are busy building their lodges and trees can be seen down and chewed on everywhere. The old lodges look as though they might have new branches on them. After every winter when I walk by I wonder if they will rebuild. Once again I am pleased to see they are still there!






Beavers swimming near the old lodges






Look at how fluffy its fur looks!

Some downed trees






The classic view of the tree that used to be out on the point. The beavers took this one down a long time ago!



Beavers swimming around. They are so wonderful to see. They seem to have different personalities.  A couple are quite shy and go back under as soon as they see me, others seem to float and watch me, perhaps as curious about me as I am about them. 
















Hopefully I'll see more of them in the months to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.