April 10th - 15th What Else Was Happening at the Lake?

It was a busy week all around at Asylum Lake. Lots of lovely morning walks with wonderful animals around. Spring is certainly springing!








The trees are still bare though and the grass doesn't seem to be growing much. There are daffodils in the woods though. I love seeing them. They remind me of my Mum. When I was growing up in England, Mum always had them growing in our front garden. They are such hardy plants, surviving the late snowfall and always seem to be thriving to appear again the next year. 







There is still some flooding down by the lake. I suppose that the melting snowfall doesn't help things. Sometimes I wonder whether the water levels will ever go down again. 




You can see where the beavers have been at work on the tree that used to be on the platform





I caught sight of them again this week. They really are a treat to watch. 







They seem to be doing a lot of work down by the beach end of the lake, but there doesn't seem to be a new lodge forming there. It makes me wonder how they manage to bring all their logs and branches across the lake to the lodges. They must be really strong!




It's the end of another week at Asylum Lake. The temperatures have been lovely. I wonder whether they will continue or whether there will be any more snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.