June 26th - 30th Lakeview

Took a lot of photos around the lake this week. This post is pretty photo-heavy. I wanted to document different views while I walked around the lake. Quite a hot few days the last days of June with lots of sunshine. 

One of my favourite spots at Asylum Lake is by The Point. It's where the beavers have built a lodge too so perhaps one of their favourite places too! It's lovely first thing in the morning. There are lots of birds to be heard and seen. The views are some of my favourites too. 




Looking back from The Point



The Point. 

This spot once has quite a few trees along it. The beavers have taken a lot of them down.  They made their lodge at the other end of The Point. You have to pass directly past the lodge to get to The Point. They really are that close to the path. 

There are some lovely views if you turn around while standing out on The Point. 








Another of the downed Beaver trees







There are always quite a few lily pads on the lake in this area at this time of year. 





And sometimes some funky looking stuff in the lake! 




This is the view as you look out across the lake.




Turn to look to your left and the lodge is right there.  I am standing pretty close to it. I am still on the trail. 




Walk down the trail past that tree seen in the last photo and you are on the other side of the lodge. 




This is a photo of the Beavers' lodge taken from along another path.  And after I stop to take this photo I take a few steps further along the trail and come to these funny looking trees. I like the arch shape. 




Another view of note is down by the beach area. It's not really a beach, just a strip of sand, but that's what it's always referred to as. It's a lovely view. When the skies are filled with clouds you can sometimes see them reflected in the water. Really beautiful. 




The beavers have downed some trees here too! Their lodges are quite a way off so they had to swim a long way to take any branches back to help build up their home. 

Using my long lens, I can zoom in on The Point. 




To end this post, I'm adding a few photos of both the Wood Duck family and Mallard family that I took this week. I was so excited to still see them. 




Wood Ducks











These were taken on different days so I'm not sure if they are the same family or not. I'll be keeping an eye out and hope all the babies survive!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.