May 22nd - 31st Beavers

I saw beavers while I was visiting daughter and it's lovely to see the resident ones at Asylum Lake this week. I don't think I'll ever tire of watching them. It's the old lodge that's been more active, perhaps because it's not as close to the path as the newer lodge, a lot less people traffic. 

The old lodge






I watched as one beaver climbed up onto the lodge to build it up.












The beaver was not very happy when one of the swans (seen in the last post) swam too near the lodge. There was a slap of a tail and an almighty splash. 



A little later there were two beavers out! What a treat to see. I'm not sure if they are mates or perhaps a parent and young one. Delightful to see. They were quite playful.












I'm so thankful to be able to walk in such a wonderful place. As I've said before, some people aren't too pleased about the beavers at the lake, but I love watching them. They are a sign of a good ecosystem too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.