May 8th - 14th Woodland Animals

 Pretty common woodland creatures this week. Self-explanatory so picture heavy and word little. I saw a lot this week and there's still another post to go! 

Chipmunks


















The Chipmunk and the Squirrel 



Squirrels












This baby squirrel had fallen out of its nest and attached itself to a passing boy. I hope its mama managed to find it! Squirrels can carry their young on their backs so it would be able to be returned to the nest. 




The resident squirrel as I call it. Always to be seen in the same spot!






Deer 

There are always a lot of deer about at Asylum Lake. 


 











And, finally, something that really made me smile. There is a broken tree trunk and the other side of the lake. As I walked by I glanced up as there have been raccoons in there before. Sure enough there was a raccoon half-in, half-out. I think the cavity was full - perhaps with babies and there is no room left for mama!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.