February 20th - 27th

 A new week begins at the lake and another lovely morning to begin the week. It was still cold - it usually is in Michigan - but the sun was shining.



The light over the field was lovely. 



Over the weekend someone had built a mini snowman on the edge of the lake



The ice fishermen were out early despite the cold





The trails were very icy, some more ice covered than snow covered. At this time of year things can get really slippery. 






The resident squirrel was at his usual spot eating black walnuts. 



Most exciting at the beginning of the week was seeing my very first chipmunks of the season! While walking through the woods something caught my eye. I turned to see two chipmunks rolling around in the leaves! I was really excited. To me, it's a sign of spring. The snow is thawing and they are able to get out of their burrows. 



Now that the snow is thawing the stone circle created last year at the beginning of the field is becoming visible again!



Sadly, the absence of snow didn't last. Mid-week saw another snowstorm come through. It was really quiet at the lake. I didn't see a lot of birds and absolutely no people. 

I did see a hardy chipmunk out in the snow! I think we were the only two around. 



I took a slow, quiet walk through the woods






Just a quiet, snowy day



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.