March 10th - 12th

 I thought the beavers deserved a post of their own. I was so excited to see them! I am so glad they didn't move off over winter. I had wondered as last year they kept some water open all throughout the winter. This year they let the whole lake ice up. It was really good to see them back! As the ice clears completely we probably won't see them as much. 

The last few days of this week was a lesson in Michigan weather. One day was lovely and sunny. I could have spent forever walking around and enjoying the sights and listening to the sounds of spring. The Red-winged blackbirds are making so much noise. 

I spent plenty of time down by the beaver lodge watching the beavers and taking photos of them and the views around. 








It was my kind of cloud day. I like days where there are clouds in the sky but it's sunny. The clouds give lovely character to the day. 




This is the view from the end of the point where the beavers downed a lot of the trees last year. I took lots of photos of before and after. I am hoping to add a post where I can show all their work. 

I took time to check on the progress of the snowdrops and daffodils. 







And caught sight of this little chipmunk in the woods




It was rather a lovely day. 

All change for the next! 

Snow came overnight and everything was covered up again. Such a change! It was a bonus that - at least when I was out - the sun was shining!













The deer were out




As was a chipmunk!




The walk across the field was a lovely one despite the snow. Everything was just so peaceful. 







Despite the snow, it was the lovely ending to another week at Asylum Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.