May 1st - 7th - Plants Growing

Some things at Asylum Lake still seem pretty bare. Walking through the woods there isn't much greenery.





Someone did leave this lovely stone on a tree in the woods.




 But the field is starting to look a little greener.



The blossom is really starting to bloom.















It's really lovely after the winter to finally see things growing again. As I walked, this caught my eye. 






It was growing on an evergreen tree (of some sort). I had to look it up. It's called Cedar Apple Rust. It is a fungus, so not good, but it really is quite fascinating to see. It looks all wiggly and is rather soft. It doesn't seem to last long, and I managed to catch it on a really vibrant day. I've only seen it on this one tree. 

Another week has come to an end at Asylum Lake. The weather has warmed up nicely and there seems to be lots going on. I really enjoy this time of year. Seems a lot of other people do too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.