June 19th - 25th At the Lake

After a week away it's interesting to see what has changed in the week since I last walked. There is so much greenery around now, the wood is thick with coverage. It's been a hot week and I'm sure the animals and birds have been as grateful for that thick woodland coverage as I have been. 

Walking along the lake things can get quite hot. The views are nice though. The lake looks lovely and blue framed by the thick tree line. 









There's a lovely Wood Duck family swimming around. I am wondering if it's the family I just caught a glimpse of the other week. 






Another lovely duck family I saw this week was a family of Mallards. What a treat! They are such an ordinary duck that I see all year round at the lake, but I rarely see them with babies. Not sure if that's because of the numerous snapping turtles in the lake or just because they hide out at the other end of the lake. Needless to say, they were wonderful to see.



I was also happy to see the beaver this week. As the summer wears on, I don't usually see them as often. It seems that when the days get longer, there is more time for them to be out and I don't see them so much. 



As the summer wears on and things heat up it isn't strange to see the deer in the lake cooling down or eating on the fresh vegetation at the side of the lake. I always smile when I see them out in the water. I wonder how they know when to stop walking or how they know it isn't too deep for them.



I bet it's a nice way to cool down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments.